My journey in India starts with a lot of noise, love, comfort, family but I venture on to Osho where I plan to take a journey inside and be still and at peace :)

Thursday, August 09, 2007















And let the next adventure begin…..


The time has come to bid farewell to the beautiful city of Vancouver. I arrived here, with much reservations, on July 3rd. I had very good reasons to be a little hesitant about coming to Vancouver. The city had been the source of a lot of pain and heartache over the last 7 years. I felt like I was ready to take my new tools that I had learned for a test drive.

The second day of being in the city, I ran into the first reason I didn’t wanna come to Vancouver…Rick! I thought I had dealt with all the issues relating to him but it was important to see how it would feel to see him again. I saw him at Whiterock and we waved at each other. It was the wave that one gives to an acquaintance that one used to know a long time ago but have no interest in stopping to chat with. The first battle was won!

Second battle was going to my apartment downtown. There were so many memories of Ashley everywhere downtown that I thought it would be hard and painful to revisit those places. After the initial sadness that didn’t linger for more than a day or so, I was quiet happy to rediscover Vancouver.

And rediscover Vancouver I did! I lived with my parents for the entire month without any major disagreements. It was not something I was looking forward to as I hadn’t lived with them since I was 21 years old. Not just that, I wasn’t sure how they would react to the new me. It took them sometime to digest the fact that I was genuinely happy being on my own and traveling. They had prepared themselves to come as saviors to protect their little girl from the evil world. They could not fathom how it was possible for me to be so happy. So, after the initial denial, they started asking me questions about what makes me the way I am. They showed genuine interest and who knows maybe I’ve influenced them enough that they might just pay their little girl a visit in the maroon world J

Besides that, I’ve enjoyed Vancouver this time more than I ever had. It is truly one of the most beautiful cities I’ve even visited. I reconnected with people I hadn’t been in touch with for ages, I partied at the “golden triangle” with Shannon and Harp, I went sailing with Rosemary and the gang, I watched the fireworks from my favorite patio in the city at Lsquared, I had a drunken fest at my apartment downtown, but most importantly, I fell in love with my favorite massage therapist all over again. Thanks Glenn for making my trip so memorable and for making our time together so magical. I really look forward to seeing you soon in India.

After being nourished to the max by all the love that has been showered over me by all of you guys, I feel like I’m ready again to face the unknown world. My next adventure kicks off in Italy. I am going back to the ashram in Italy for 10 days for the annual Miasto festival. It’s going to be one big party and there’s apparently going to be thousands of people from all over Europe coming to this thing. I am really looking forward to being in the ashram energy again. I did meditate while at home everyday, but the collective meditation takes you to a whole different energy level. Then from Italy, I head on over to meet my beautiful Eran. Eran has been insisting that I spend my birthday with him this year and has invited me to his brother’s wedding. If anyone had asked me last year where I would be on my next birthday, I don’t think that Israel would’ve been my answer in my wildest dreams. But now I am going to turn 34 in Israel and I’m going to attend a traditional jewish wedding in a little Israeli village! From Israel, I will be heading off to London to meet my lovely darlings from my South American dream vacation…Crazy, Spongy, Maharani and Kirsty….all in London together again!

So again, thank you everyone for making my time in Vancouver so memorable. You all have given me so many more reasons to call this city home.

No comments: